Thursday, November 1, 2012

Today

I set out a goal to eat paleo for the next 30 days and I'm going to do it!  No more being lazy and no more excuses.  So what did I have this morning for breakfast?  Some eggs and a banana :) good start.  So enough about nutrition and woking out for now...it's my rest day anyways.  I want to talk a little about my day.

It all starts last week when I volunteered to help out working at a San Diego Chargers game.  The reason I volunteered was because the money goes to our clinics Holiday party and I wanted to help.  So I guess that means I did my good deed for the month right? AND! it's the 1st of November so I got it over with already.  No. Im kidding.  I like to help out whenever I can.  Anyways I went into work this morning and first thing on my to do's was I had an LPO meeting.  I take my little green notebook  (Anyone in the military know the one I'm talking about.)  and arrive 5 mnutes early.  I know.  15min just wasn't happening today.  Our clinic LPO comes in and sits down then proceeds to say, "so there is nothing really to pass." 

................... ?

Because that made sense.  We did start conversating and making a little meeting out of it anyways but I did not let it bother me.  I went back downstairs to my office and let the guys know about our uniform inspection tomorrow which BTW let me check and see if my cover is in my closet.  Ok :) it was and my neckerchief.  Sometimes I love myself.  haha.  That sounds conceited but not meant to be.  Just one of those moments.  So back to work.  I tell he guys about the inspection and that we were going to be there at 0630.  They looked at me like I was crazy.  Hope they took me serious because that is what time we need to be there.  The rest of my day was spent trying to do some turnover with the other second class and making a bigger to do list for myself.  Looks like he dropped pack about 3 months ago.  Which means I have a lot of catching up to do.  Keeps me busy.  My morning went by pretty quick and by that time I needed to change over and head to the Chargers game.

Why did I volunteer myself? LOL kidding.  It wasn't so bad.  I was a ticket scanner.  My job consisted of greeting the fans, grab ticket and scan ticket.  Not too difficult.  3 hours of it on the other hand got to be a little down right monotinous.  But in the end.  I felt good about volunteering and getting out from under this computer for a little bit and interacting with other people.  Did not get to watch any of the game but I was ok with that.  By the time I was finished I felt pooped out and just wanted to come home and relax.  Which is what Im doing right now.  Throughout the day I had an apple, some broccoli, chicken, more broccoli another banana and more chicken.  Think Im going to try something new tomorrow.  I am really looking forward to my workout tomorrow.  I dont know what it is yet but rest days are hard for me because I hate resting!

I think Im going to end this right now.  I seem to be rambling again haha.  As always though I am missing my monkey.  You mean the world to me baby and I love you.  

I plan on writing a much better blog tomorrow and changing my page around some.  

No comments:

Post a Comment